- Purchases >$3,500, need three quotes
- Less than three quotes needs Attachment 1: Determination of Cost or Price Reasonableness. Examples.
- Only one quote must use Attachment 2: Sole Source Justification Form. Sole source is when there are NO other sources for item to be purchased. Examples.
- Vendors need an up-to-date W-9 on file RCUH. Sample request letter.
- Vendor must fill out an ITAR classification form for certain items.
- Purchases >$25,000 need Hawaii State tax clearance.
- Purchases >$30,000 need Attachments 22 & 23.
- If terms and conditions (T&C) is referred to anywhere on the quote then RCUH will ask for a copy and amend to satisfy Hawaii State Purchasing Requirements.
- Purchases classified as equipment and >$5,000 need Attachment 7: Authorization to Purchase Equipment with Federal Contract or Grant Funds.
- Absolutely no credit card purchases for items or services >$3,500. NO EXCEPTIONS ALLOWED.
- If wire transfer is required, you must submit Attachment 43: Funds Transfer Fax Request. As of 7/21/2016, the bank charge for a wire transfer is $40.
- If deposit is required, you must submit Attachment 47: Request for Advance Payment and/or Deposit to a Vendor or Contractor. Vendor must submit a proforma invoice before payment can be made.
To make a purchase, fill out this form.